1587 Rye Park Road Boorowa, NSW, 2586
4 km East of Boorowa on Rye Park Road
Not only are you close enough to Boorowa with its schools, hospital and many other amenities, you are far enough away to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the countryside with its undulating hills and magnificent views over the fields.
Set on 100 acres with a large capacity dam with water pumps, two springs, water troughs and outbuildings, this immaculate property is special and has to be seen to be believed.
'Croydon Cottage' - The spacious homestead was built by current owner about 10 years ago in true Australian Colonial fashion design. Built with 'Bondi Mix Bendigo' sandstone blocks and boasts an oversized shady wrap around verandah, it oozes charm and character throughout. Beautiful double french doors lead out onto the verandah from almost every room in the house. The soft furnishings and fittings are of the highest quality.
There is a huge reception room with ornate fireplace and electric wood burner heater to allow romantic ambience throughout the winter months but there is also reverse cycle air conditioning to provide comfort throughout the whole year. Beautiful solid timber floors add character to this room. The master bedroom is very large with a walk-in robe and federation style ensuite. Again french doors lead from this room onto the verandah - perfect for the morning coffee and newspaper. The other two bedrooms are very large, the second having access to the 'Jack & Jill' bathroom and through double doors this bedroom has a small sun room attached which leads onto the front verandah. This room can be used not only as a sun room but perhaps as a sewing room, hobby room or another study area. The large third bedroom has double french doors leading onto the front verandah as well.
The spacious galley-style kitchen has gas cooking, dishwasher, water filtration, meals area and a lovely family lounging area which again leads out onto the massive shady verandah perfect for outside entertaining. A separate study area is just off this family room.
A huge double garage and carport provides accommodation for three vehicles with plenty of space for a workshop area. There is also a portable building which has a small kitchen and shower room with toilet. This would be a perfect teenagers retreat or can be used as a storage facility. The property has sealed road frontage, and all weather driveway and the school bus stops at the gate.
Inspections by appointment. Contact agent Peter Norton-Baker on 0418 487 497
- Property Types: Other
- Description of Country: Cleared land with trees sown on borders other tree plantings.
- Number of Paddocks: 5
- Enterprise Types: Other
- Other Enterprise Types: Agistment, sheep and stock
- Soil Description: Mixed grazing pastures alluvial soil with volcanic soil on hills.
- Topography Description: Large hill (little mount Canenumbola)
- Water Supplies: Tank,Springs,Dams
- Water Comments: Very large dam fills with run off from hills. Dam water pump to elevated tank for fire fighting, toilet flushing and irrigation.
- Irrigation: Yes
- Irrigation Comments: 4 taps around homestead
- Rainfall Average: 607.9 Millimetres
- Pasture Description: Cattle and sheep thrive on existing pastures
- Currently Carried: Sheep,Cattle,Horses
- Livestock Summary: 200 sheep, 4 cattle and 1 horse
- Nearest Regional Centre: Boorowa
- Distance Regional Centre: 4 kilometres
- Mail service: Daily
- Schools: Primary School,Primary School Bus, Secondary School,Secondary School Bus
- Nearest Town Centre: Boorowa
- Distance Town Centre: 4 kilometres
- Type of Title: Freehold
- Possession at Sale: Vacant Possession
- Rates: $2,022.00 per annum
- Shire or Council : Boorowa
- Plant & Machinery: Portable stock yards for cattle with race.
- Livestock: Nil
- Crop: Nil
- Homestead Area: 279 sqm
- Construction: Sandstone block with timber verandas and metal roof
- Features: Office,Ensuite
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Other Accommodation: Transportable with shower and kitchenette
- Fencing Description: All fences well maintained
- Yards: Sheep
- Shedding: Double garage with carport attached